We are pleased to announce that from 29 March, and in line with when schools close for the Easter holidays, will be able to offer:
- outdoor provision to all children, without restrictions on the purpose for which they may attend
- indoor provision to:
- vulnerable children and young people
- children on free school meals, where they are attending as part of the Department for Education’s holiday activities and food programme
- other children, where the provision is:
- reasonably necessary to enable their parents and carers to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need
- being used by electively home educating parents as part of their arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education
- for the purposes of obtaining a regulated qualification, meeting the entry requirements for an education institution, or to undertake exams and assessments
Only one parent needs to meet the requirements listed by the government. You can access the official guidance here. We will continue to monitor government announcements and will update our website with any changes.
Also, keep an eye on our Social Media Channels for further updates.
Are you allowed to open your camps under current guidance?
On 23rd February 2021 it was confirmed by the Department for Education that holiday childcare providers (early years setting, childcare activities, including wraparound care) such as Camp 4 Champs would be still be allowed to operate for children if their parents/carers needed the provision to enable them to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need.
We are receiving daily updates from the DfE and will update our Covid literature accordingly.
The Camp 4 Champs team has been working tirelessly to ensure our camps are ready to support our parents/carers with their childcare needs and offer an abundance of engaging school holiday activities to keep kids entertained this Easter!
What additional measures are you implementing when you re-open to ensure everyone’s safety?
The following measures have been introduced to ensure the safety of children attending camp:
- Group bubbles of up to 15 children
- Reduced camp capacities
- Restricted sharing of equipment (individual equipment where possible)
- Full clean of all equipment before/after each session
- Adjustment of activity timetable
- Personal protective equipment for all staff (optional)
- Regular hand washing, hand sanitiser stations throughout and enhanced cleaning measures
- Contactless sign in/out
- Staggered break and lunch times
- Clear instructions and social distancing signs onsite
- Covid-19 secure sites: no symptoms and daily temperature checks
- Open and clear communication with parents/carers, staff, volunteers and children
- Nominated toilets and hand washing basins for each bubble
- Activities to take place outside as much as possible