We know we are an essential childcare service for many parents/carers including keyworkers who have worked tirelessly throughout this crisis to protect us all. The health and safety of our children and staff has always been, and will continue to be, at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we have provided details below to keep you informed and will continue to update accordingly as and when required.
Also, keep an eye on our Social Media Channels for further updates.
When are you re-opening your camps?
Are you allowed to open your camps under current guidance?
On 1st July 2020 it was confirmed by the Department for Education that holiday childcare providers such as Camp 4 Champs would be allowed to operate and children of all ages may attend, as well as clear guidance as to the protective measures required.
The Camp 4 Champs team has been working tirelessly to ensure our camps are ready to support our parents/carers with their childcare needs and offer an abundance of engaging school holiday activities to keep kids entertained this summer!
What additional measures are you implementing when you re-open to ensure everyone’s safety?
The following measures have been introduced to ensure the safety of children attending camp:
- Group bubbles of up to 15 children
- Reduced camp capacities
- Restricted sharing of equipment (individual equipment where possible)
- Full clean of all equipment before/after each session
- Adjustment of activity timetable
- Personal protective equipment for all staff (optional)
- Regular hand washing, hand sanitiser stations throughout and enhanced cleaning measures
- Contactless sign in/out
- Staggered break and lunch times
- Clear instructions and social distancing signs onsite
- Covid-19 secure sites: no symptoms and daily temperature checks
- Open and clear communication with parents/carers, staff, volunteers and children
- Nominated toilets and handwashing basins for each bubble
- Activities to take place outside as much as possible