At Camp 4 Champs we aim to work in partnership with parents to deliver a high quality childcare service for everyone. If for any reason we fall short of this aim, we would like to be informed in order to revise our practices for the future.
Our complaints policy is displayed on the premises at all times. Records of all complaints are kept for at least three years.
The manager is usually responsible for dealing with complaints. If the complaint is about the manager, Helen Moreira (Essex) or Alison Read (Surrey) will investigate the matter. Any complaints received about staff members will be recorded on an Incident Log and a Complaints Log will be completed. Any complaints made will be dealt with in the following way:
Complaints about aspects of Camp 4 Champs activities:
- The manager will discuss the matter informally with the parent or carer concerned and aim to reach a satisfactory resolution
Complaints about an individual staff member:
- If appropriate, the parent will be encouraged to discuss the matter with staff concerned
- If the parent feels that this is not appropriate, the matter will be discussed with the manager, who will then discuss the complaint with the staff member and try to reach a satisfactory resolution
If it is not possible to reach a satisfactory resolution to the complaint through informal discussion, the parent or carer should put their complaint in writing to a Camp 4 Champs Director.
If the initial complaint has been made in writing or email, stage two will come into effect immediately and stage one will be bypassed.
The manager will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the letter within 7 days
- Investigate the matter and notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days
- Send a full response in writing, to all relevant parties, including details of any recommended changes to be made to Camp 4 Champs practices or policies as a result of the complaint
- Meet relevant parties to discuss Camp 4 Champs response to the complaint, either together or on an individual basis
If child protection issues are raised, the manager will refer the situation to a Camp 4 Champs Child Protection Officer, who will then contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and follow the procedures of the Safeguarding Policy.
If a criminal act may have been committed, the manager will contact the police.
Making a complaint to Ofsted
Any parent or carer can submit a complaint to Ofsted about Camp 4 Champs at any time.
Ofsted will consider and investigate all complaints.
Address: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester M1 2WD
General Enquiries: 0300 123 1231
Complaints: 0300 123 4666
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every 12 months, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As a result of any other significant change or event
Date: October 2020
Last Reviewed: October 2022
To Be Reviewed: September 2023