At Camp 4 Champs we respect the privacy of the children attending Camp 4 Champs and the privacy of their parents or carers. Our aim is to ensure that all those using and working at Camp 4 Champs can do so with confidence.
We will respect confidentiality in the following ways:
- Parents/carers can ask to see the records relating to their child but will not have access to information about any other children
- Staff only discuss individual children for purposes of planning and group management
- Staff are made aware of the importance of confidentiality during their induction process
- Information given by parents/carers to Camp 4 Champs staff will not be passed on to third parties without permission unless there is a safeguarding issue
- Concerns or evidence relating to a child’s safety, will be kept in a confidential file, and will not be shared within Camp 4 Champs, except with the designated Child Protection Officer and the manager
- Issues relating to the employment of staff, whether paid or voluntary, will remain confidential to those making personnel decisions
- Confidential records are stored securely in a lockable file
- Students on work placements and volunteers are informed of our confidentiality policy and are required to respect it
Sharing information with outside agencies
- We will only share information with outside agencies on a need-to-know basis and with consent from parents, except in cases relating to safeguarding children or criminal activity
- If we decide to share information without parental consent, we will record this in the child’s file, clearly stating our reasons
- We will only share relevant information that is accurate and up to date
- Our primary commitment is to the safety and well-being of the children in our care
Data Protection Act
We comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, regarding obtaining, storing, and using personal data.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every 12 months, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As a result of any other significant change or event.
(Last reviewed October 2022)
Date October 2021 To be reviewed September 2023