Camp 4 Champs is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for the children in our care. When we have visitors, we need to ensure that this will not have a harmful effect on the children and that the person in question has a valid reason for visiting Camp 4 Champs.
When a visitor arrives at Camp 4 Champs, the follow the procedure will follow:
- All visitors to Camp 4 Champs must sign the Visitor Log
- The identity of the visitor will be checked, and this will be recorded on the Visitor Log
- If staff require further reassurance of the identity of the visitor, they will phone the employing organisation of the visitor, eg Ofsted, Local Authority, Environmental Health Department, etc, for further confirmation. If this is not possible, staff will seek the advice of Camp 4 Champs Manager
- The reason for visit will be recorded
- Visitors will never be left alone or unsupervised with the children
- If a visitor has no reason to be on Camp 4 Champs premises staff will escort them from the premises
- If the visitor refuses to leave, staff will call the police. In such an event an Incident Record will be completed and the manager will be immediately notified
- When a visitor leaves the premises, we will record the time of departure on the Visitor Log.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every 12 months, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As a result of any other significant change or event
Date: October 2021
Last Reviewed: October 2021
To Be Reviewed: October 2022