Who are we?
We are Camp 4 Champs, 67 Pretoria Rd, Romford RM7 7AU.
What do we do?
We provide sports and activity camps in the school holidays and after school clubs for children aged 4-14.
What is our role under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
We run sports camps in Essex & Surrey and this privacy notice tells you what personal information we collect, and why we need it, how we use it and what protections are in place to keep your personal information secure.
This Privacy Notice applies to:
• Visitors to our website www.camp4champs.co.uk
• Staff members, coaches, parents, children and facility lettings organisations.
The type of personal information we collect about you – and the personal information we obtain from third parties – depends to some extent on your circumstances, your role and our legal obligation.
What is personal information?
Your ‘personal information’ means information about you, and any information from which you can be identified – either by reference to an identifier (for example your name, location data or your child’s dietary or medical needs)
Who do we collect personal information from?
We may collect personal information:
• From you, where you visit our website, complete one of our online forms or contact us;
How do we collect personal information?
Information provided to us by you:
When you enter information into our website or online forms
When you contact us by email, telephone or post
When staff/volunteer’s complete application forms & provide DBS information
What personal information do we collect and process?
Personal information provided to us by you may include, as applicable:
• Information that you give us by entering information into our website and online forms, e.g your name and contact details given; and
• Information that you give us when corresponding with us by email, by telephone, or by post, e.g your name and contact details.
• We hold details including: Name, address, telephone, email, dates of birth, medical information and food allergies.
Information collected automatically by us when you visit our website may include:
• Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating systems and platforms; and
• Information about your visit, including the URL (the full Uniform Resource Locators) clickstream to, through and from our website including date and time, what you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
What do we use your personal data for?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To provide you with any information or assistance requested by you.
• Administering the services as per your booking
• To send you marketing emails regarding the Camp 4 Champs Services, news, Staff updates, awards & training opportunities
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is your consent. Please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us using the details set out in the Introduction section above. If you choose to withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that occurred prior to the withdrawal.
Information collected automatically by us;
We will use this information:
• To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis,
testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so; and
• As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is (our legitimate interest in administering and improving our website and its features, and keeping our website secure)
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal information with the following third parties, where relevant:
• Staff – to enable us to deliver our services and to ensure that your children’s needs are catered for.
• Third party contractors that provide services to us (such as Mailchimp & SurveyMonkey)
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also share your information with third parties such as regulatory authorities, or where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your information (e.g Ofsted). We may disclose your information in order to enforce our legal rights or to protect the legal rights of others.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
We have security measures in place to restrict access to personal information, to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information a and against damage to, accidental loss or destruction of, your personal information.
The security measures applied include:
• hard copy records and manual files are kept to a minimum but those kept are in locked filing
• electronic records are kept in an electronic filing system with access restricted to Camp 4 Champs staff only.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your information will be maintained by us as long as your children are within the Camp 4 Champs age restrictions or for as long as required by Statute or for as long as Lawfulness of Processing can be established without consent.
Where is this data stored?
This data is stored in goggle drive and the data stored and transferred is encrypted. Access is only granted to administrators associated with our office.
Changes to this Notice
This Policy may be subject to change and we will notify you of any changes.
• You have a right to be informed.
• You may request a copy of your data stored.
• You may request correction to any erroneous data.
• You may request deletion of data, if not in violation of statutory or contractual requirements.
• You may request a restriction on processing.
• You may lodge a complaint to the controller or object to processing.
• You may lodge a complaint to the Supervisory Authority.
• You may withdraw consent if processing originally required consent.
What happens in the event of a Data Breach?
In the case of a data breach, Camp 4 Champs, the Data Controller shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the personal data breach to the Supervisory Authority and Data Subject, if the personal data breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
Camp 4 Champs acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and Ofsted requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children
- Have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at Camp 4 Champs in a safe and child centred environment
- Are protected from abuse whilst participating in sport, cookery, arts & crafts or outside of the activity.
Camp 4 Champs acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Camp 4 Champs will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- Ensure appropriate action is taken (incident reporting form) in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals by ensuring a full and exhaustive background check (reference check, DBS check, relevant qualifications and experience) are made.
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Camp 4 Champs. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As a result of any other significant change or event.
(Last reviewed December 2018)